How to Choose the Best Meal Kit Delivery Service
When it comes to finding the best meal kits, this is where most of us hit a brick wall. When you look at all these meal delivery companies it just all looks like the same fancy meals in a box – so, how do you choose the best meal kit delivery service?
To figure this out, you first need to back it up and ask yourself these six simple questions, because after all – you want the meal kit delivery service which works best for you.
Think about what these questions mean to you and how they might affect the meal delivery kit that works best in your situation:
- Do you follow any specific lifestyle (like keto, paleo, gluten-free, low-carb, low-calorie etc) or have dietary restrictions in the food you can eat?
- Will this meal kit be a part of you trying to lose weight?
- How many people are you cooking for; is it just you or are you cooking for a family?
- Are you looking to save money?
- How do environmental factors influence your decision, and do you only rely on organic ingredients?
- Are you looking for reheatable frozen meal services or do you want to still be a part of the meal preparation?
You might not have considered these six questions but they will help you to paint a picture in your mind of what it is that you are really looking for in a meal kit delivery service.
What are the Advantages of Meal Kit Delivery Services
It is understandable that you might be still caught sitting on the fence when it comes to meal kit delivery services.
I know that for me, before I ordered my first meal kit box I spent about three weeks scrolling through just about every website for any piece of information I could find, just to make a decision for me because I wasn’t able to pick.
Looking back, a simple comparison of the advantages and disadvantages would have helped big time! So, with my lack of conviction in mind – check out the advantages of meal kit delivery services:
- Perfectly portioned meals and pre-measured ingredients will keep you from overeating
- Less food wastage because you are provided with the exact amount of ingredients needed for recipes
- Healthier meal choices thanks to being kept accountable and having less responsibility in meal preparation
- Simple stress-free option
- Saving on costs and getting back time as a result of no longer needing to go to the supermarket multiple times per week or purchase ingredients that spoil before you get around to cooking with them
- Having access to the best quality, fresh ingredients. Not everyone lives nearby to a source of high-quality seafood, so the seafood in your meal box which was sourced responsibly will like be better quality than the repeatedly frozen ingredients from your local supermarket
What are the Disadvantages of Meal Kit Delivery Services
Now, we know that nothing is perfect in the world, and while there are plenty of positives as to why you might be considering a meal kit delivery service – there are also disadvantages too.
Before you eliminate the competition and pick your best meal kit delivery service, check out the disadvantages:
- Costs are not always cheaper for every individual
- Portion sizes are never a one-size-fits-all solutions to meeting the daily nutritional needs
- Meal kits are not always maintainable for consistent periods
- While the packaging of most meal kit boxes are highly recyclable, not all materials are completely environmentally-friendly